We provide a free series of online training modules featuring statistical tools and explanations for researchers to expand their skills into twin studies – in their own time and at their own pace.
We recommend that the online modules are taken in conjunction with one of our hands-on workshops held regularly in centres around Australia. Experts who run our two-day intensive workshops provide additional knowledge, practical help and guidance to meet your specific research requirements. Find the dates for our next workshops here.
Who should do the free online series?
The online series is suitable for:
- Researchers with no experience of twin research who are looking to expand into this field.
- Researchers who wish to refresh their knowledge and to access the latest tools in twin statistical methods and analysis.
- Preparation for researchers attending TRA workshops.
- Attendees of TRA workshops who wish to review information and concepts following their training.
How do I access the modules?
You will need to firstly complete this quick registration form. Next, you’ll receive an email providing a password to access the videos. You can then log-in at any time and work through the modules at your own pace.
What is included in the online series?
The series contains eight modules or subject areas – outlined below. We recommend you undertake them in the sequence outlined as each module is a prerequisite to the next. The modules range in length from 5-17 minutes.
- Introduction to the twin methodology – Part 1
- Introduction to the twin methodology – Part 2
- Analysis of continuous outcomes – Part 1
- Analysis of continuous outcomes – Part 2
- Analysis of binary outcomes – Part 1
- Analysis of binary outcomes – Part 2
- Other twin study designs and research questions – Part 1
- Other twin study designs and research questions – Part 2
Stay connected to the twin researcher community
Find the dates for our next workshops here.