Twins Research Australia Travel Grant Scheme – Round 1, 2017
Round 1 of the 2017 Twins Research Australia (TRA) Travel Grant Scheme is open for application from April 3rd.
The Twins Research Australia Travel Grant Scheme aims to encourage the growth and development of twin research in Australia, to benefit the whole population, by:
- Supporting the training and development of Australian researchers in the methodology and practice of studies involving twins by offering financial assistance to attend TRA workshops and events.
- Presenting and promoting TRA based twin research studies at scientific conferences.
In 2017, two rounds will be held:
- Round 1 finalised April 3rd – May 15th. View the list of successful recipients.
- Round 2 (special focus: TRA workshop and Madrid ISTS meeting) opens August 1st – deadline September 12th.
Selection of successful candidates is based on the following criteria:
- The benefit to the researcher’s learning and career in research involving TRA twins.
- The benefit to TRA.
- How the research promotes the benefits of studies involving TRA twins to the broader research community.
- The availability of other funding sources to the recipient.
- Preference will be given to early career researchers.
Successful applicants are required to submit a Travel Report (to be published on the TRA website) detailing professional and personal gains from the funded travel and to provide evidence (copies of receipts) of travel incurred expenditure.
The Scheme awards partial funding for relevant travel to successful applicants within the range of $300 - $700. Previous recipients are welcome to apply again.
For further information, please see the following documents: