Twins Research Australia is administered through the University of Melbourne and managed by a Director, Professor John Hopper and a Deputy Director, Dr Jeff Craig.
Please note the role of Advisory Board is presently being reviewed as part of an organisational restructure of TRA.
Expert Reference Group
The Expert Reference Group consists of at least 10, and no more than 20, members, including the Director and Deputy Directors of the Registry.
The main objectives of the group are to:
- bring a wide range of research, clinical, scientific, and other skills and expertise to TRA to enhance its ability to facilitate and support current and future medical and scientific studies that involve the participation of twins and/or their relatives;
- promote use of the facilities of TRA by Australian researchers;
- promote the registration of volunteers with TRA;
- promote the use of the special characteristics of twins in medical and scientific studies;
- promote an informal network of Australian researchers interested in the use of the characteristics of twins in medical and scientific studies;
- provide mentoring to, and assist in the education and training of, Australian researchers wishing to use the special characteristics of twins in their medical and scientific studies; and
- review the applications of researchers, and provide recommendations to TRA, regarding use of the facilities.